Call for Papers
Deadline for submissions: Jan 15, 2007, 23:59:59 PST
Note: The deadline for submissions is firm; any request for extending it has, and will be, declined.
Submissions are solicited for RSS 2007, a conference that will bring together researchers working on algorithmic or mathematical foundations of robotics, robotics applications, and analysis of robotic systems. High quality, original papers are solicited in all areas of robotics. The final program will be the result of a highly selective, double-blind review process designed to include the best work in every category The conference will be single track to give attendees an opportunity to see the best research in all areas of robotics. The program will include invited talks as well as oral and poster presentations of refereed papers. All papers presented at the conference will be published in the conference proceedings by MIT Press and will be made freely available for download on the Internet. The main conference will be followed by one day of workshops. Proactive efforts are underway to keep conference expenses affordable, particularly for student attendees.
Submissions: Papers containing original and unpublished work are solicited in all areas of robotics, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Mechanisms: Design, Humanoids, Hands, Legged Systems, Snakes, Novel Actuators, Reconfigurable Robots, MEMS/NEMS, Nanobots, Biomimetic Robotics
- Manipulation: Kinematics, Dynamics, Control, Contact Modeling, Grasp Synthesis, Dexterous Manipulation, Assembly
- Human Robot Interaction and Human Centered Systems: Interfaces, Haptics, Tactile, Telerobotic, Human Augmentation, Assistive Robots, Robotics and Art
- Distributed Systems: Sensor Networks, Multi-Robot Systems, Networked Robots, Robot Soccer
- Mobile Systems and Mobility: Mapping, Localization, Collision Avoidance, Exploration, Mobile Robot Control, High-Speed Navigation
- Applications: Medical Robotics, Underwater Robotics, Aerial/Space Robotics
- Robot Perception: Vision, Remote Sensing, Tactile Perception, Range Sensing
- Planning and Algorithms: Motion Planning, Mission Planning, Coordination, Complexity and Completeness, Computational Geometry, Robotics and Molecular Biology, Simulation
- Estimation and Learning for Robotic Systems: Reinforcement Learning, Bayesian Techniques, Graphical Models, Imitation Learning, Programming by Demonstration, Diagnostics
Review Criteria: Submissions will be refereed on the basis of technical quality, novelty, significance, and clarity. Each submission will be thoroughly reviewed by at least three program committee members. Reviews will be double-blind. It is also planned to allow authors a limited opportunity to respond to the reviews. Submissions, reviews, and the replies of the authors will then be discussed at an in-person area chair committee meeting. There will be an opportunity after the meeting to revise accepted manuscripts.
Paper Format: Submissions may be up to eight
pages in length, including figures and references, using a font no
smaller than 10 point. All text and figures must fit within a 9 inch
by 6.5 inch rectangle on a page formatted in double-column
format. Submissions violating these guidelines will not be
considered. A LaTeX template is available at the conference Web site:
Authors should take care not to reveal their identity in their papers since the reviewing is double-blind.
Policy on Multiple Submissions: RSS will not accept any paper which, at the time of submission, is under review for another conference or has already been published or accepted for publication in a journal or another conference. Authors are also expected not to submit their papers elsewhere during the RSS 2007 reviewing period. These restrictions apply only to journals and conferences, not to workshops and similar specialized presentations with a limited audience and without archival proceedings. Authors are required to indicate any such potential conflict in a footnote on the first page of the submission.
Submission Instructions: The conference accepts only electronic submissions in PDF format. The conference web site will accept electronic submissions starting from Dec 15.
Deadline for paper submissions: Jan 15, 23:59:59 PST
Rebuttal phase: Mar 7-14, 23:59:59 PST
Notification: Apr 15